Details of these new events and opportunities were originally circulated by Elisa Mason on the incredibly useful: Forced Migration Current Awareness Blog. Further details can be found on the website at: http://fm-cab.blogspot.co.uk/
CFP: Forced Migration Review issue on “Detention and Deportation” [info]
– Submit articles by 15 April 2013.
Humanitarian Research and Innovation Grant Programme, OCHA [info]
– Submit applications by 15 April 2013.
Job opening: Senior Researcher in Migration Management, Copenhagen [info]
– Based at the Danish Institute for International Studies; apply by 15 April 2013.
CFP: Forced Migration: Global Perspectives and Practices, London, 12 June 2013 [info]
– Abstract submission deadline is 15 April 2013.
FY 2013 Funding Opportunity Announcement for NGO Programs Benefiting Tibetan Refugees in South Asia [info]
– Proposal submission deadline is 15 April 2013.
InterAction Forum 2013, Arlington, VA, 29 April-1 May 2013 [info]
– Register by 15 April 2013.
Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons and Returnees in Bosnia and Herzegovina: The Quest for Durable Solutions, CMRS Seminar, Cairo, 15 April 2013 [info]
Head of Humanitarian Policy, British Red Cross (maternity cover) [info]
– Application deadline is 25 April 2013.
Consultancy on “Prevention of Statelessness in Sudan,” UNHCR Khartoum [info]
– Apply by 18 April 2013.
Learning from the City: Humanitarian Action in Urban Areas, London, 19 April 2013 [info]
– This panel discussion will also be livestreamed.
Information Sessions: Migration and Refugee Studies Graduate Program, Cairo, 21 April 2013 [info]
Forced Migration Course, Berlin, 28 April-4 May 2013 [info] [info via ReliefWeb]
– Note: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but ReliefWeb also listed 21 April 2013 as the deadline for registration!
RSC Public Seminar Series, Oxford, Trinity Term 2013 [info]
– First seminar will be held 24 April 2013.
Treating Like Cases Alike in Refugee Law Adjudication: The Troubling Lack of Consistency in Refugee Status Adjudication within and across State Parties to International Refugee Rights Instruments, London, 25 April 2013 [info]
– “[Six] experts from the UK, USA, Netherlands, Canada and UNHCR Europe will be discussing the variance in adjudication in similar cases around the world.”
A Future Without Immigration Detention?, London, 26-27 April 2013 [info]
– Registration is open for this event.
Social Networks, Social Capital and Refugee Integration, London, 26 April 2013 [info]
– Please reserve a place if you wish to attend.
CFP: Journal of Internal Displacement issue on “Forced Migration and Displacement in Somalia and Somali Inhabited Territories” [info]
– Submission deadline is 30 April 2013.
CFP: Denaturalizing Climate Change: Migration, Mobilities and Spaces, Bremen, Germany, 31 October-1 November 2013 [info]
– Abstract submission deadline is 30 April 2013.
Follow Up to the High Commissioner’s December 2012 Dialogue on Faith and Protection ̶ Call for Examples: Good Practices of FBOs/LFCs towards Protection Outcomes [info]
– Deadline for submitting examples is 30 April 2013.
International Summer School in Forced Migration, Oxford, 1-19 July 2013 [info]
– Closing date for applications is 1 May 2013.
Migration Studies Society 1st Annual Conference, Oxford, 4 May 2013 [info]
– Register by 1 May 2013.
UNHCR Award for Statelessness Research [info]
– Nominations due by 1 May 2013.
Works in Progress: Border-Crossing Beliefs: African Witchcraft in the Trans-Regional Arena of Asylum, Cambridge, UK, 2 May 2013 [info]
– Please email to register your attendance.
Center for Forced Migration Studies’ Summer Institute: “The Refugee Status Determination Process,” Evanston, IL, 2-9 June 2013 [info]
– Registration open; discounted rate prior to 2 May 2013.
The Deportation of Unaccompanied Minors: Family-tracing and Government Accountability in the European Return Platform for Unaccompanied Minors (ERPUM) Project, Oxford, 3 May 2013 [info]
– Register ASAP, since only a limited number of places are available. This event will also be livestreamed.
Race, Alterity and Affect: Rethinking Climate Change-induced Migration and Displacement, Durham, UK, 18-19 June 2013 [info]
– Register by 3 May 2013.
CFP: Gender, the Refugee and Displacement (1900-1950), Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, 5 July 2013 [info]
– Submit an abstract by 8 May 2013.
Tracks Across Sand: The Dispossession of the ‡Khomani San of the Southern Kalahari, Oxford, 8 May 2013 [info]
– Annual Elizabeth Colson lecture; please register to attend.
FY 2014 Funding Opportunity Announcement for Proposals for the Regional Resettlement Support Center (RSC) in Africa [info]
– Proposal submission deadline is 13 May 2013.
Encounters in Canada: Contrasting Indigenous and Immigrant Perspectives, Toronto, 15-17 May 2013 [info]