I’m pleased to welcome you to the Second International Conference on Emerging Research Paradigms in Business and Social Sciences: DUBAI, UAE 26th – 28th November 2013. Attached is the Call for Papers for the Global Social Science Track.
Venue: The Address, Dubai Mall, Dubai UAE
Middlesex University Dubai takes great pleasure in announcing the Second International Conference on Emerging Research Paradigms in Business and Social Sciences (ERPBSS-2013). The first conference, which took place in November 2011, was attended by nearly 200 delegates representing around 100 world-wide academic institutions. The conference theme and design provide a real opportunity for inter-disciplinary dialogue and forms of scholastic communication that transcended disciplinary and subject-specific boundaries.
The overarching objective of the First and Second ERPBSS conferences is to provide an opportunity for academics to discuss new concepts, progressive methodologies, embryonic approaches and innovative practices within the world of business and the wider social environment.
This year the conference is organized around eight tracks: 1) Business and Management, 2) Contemporary Psychology, 3) Economics, 4) Education, Training and Development, 5) Global Social Science, 6) Information and Communication Technology, 7) Media, Journalism and Communication and 8) Tourism and Hospitality.
Call for Papers- Track 5: Global Social Science
This track aims to examine current global issues and trends, critical theoretical applications, and innovative methodologies within the social sciences. We are seeking papers that engage theoretically with the subject area and/or signify pioneering applications and developments, particularly in the field of sociology, social geography and anthropology. This track will thus attempt to question existing paradigms and epistemological applications.
Although we are open to any submission that is aligned with the goals of the conference and this track, we encourage submissions relating to the following topics and themes:
· Climate change, human-environmental interaction and peak oil
· Globalisation and glocalisation
· Contemporary citizenship: nationalism, cosmopolitanism, and transnationalism.
· Social scientific perspectives of the global economic crisis
· Anthropology/sociology of business management and organisations
· International development issues: poverty alleviation, health and humanitarian response
· Post-conflict perspectives
· Social and consumer behavior
· Borders, territories and migration
· Critical theoretical applications in the social science
· Science and technology in society
· Critical debates in social and human geography
· Sustainability, sustainable development, community development and quality of life
· Methodological advancements and innovations
· Submission of Abstract 14th April 2013
· Submission of Full Paper 26th June 2013
· Early Registration 11th June 2013
· Regular Registration 13th July – 6th October 2013
· Late Registration 7th October – 20th November 2013
· Student Registration 15 August 2013
Conference Website: www.mdx.ac/conference Conference Email: Email: email@example.com
Cody Morris Paris, PhD
Programme Coordinator of Social Science
Middlesex University Dubai