*** Apologies for Cross-Posting ***
Academy of European Law
ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON EU ASYLUM LAW 2012: FOCUS ON THE IMPACT OF THE CHARTER OF FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS ON THE ASYLUM PROCESS
Malta, 29-30 October 2012
Registrations reaching ERA before 29 September will be eligible for a 10% discount
This annual conference seeks to give participants an overview of current developments in European asylum law. In addition, this year’s annual conference will focus on the impact of the Charter of Fundamental Rights (CFR) in asylum matters as well as looking especially at the role of European agencies in the asylum process.
– Recent case law of the Court of Justice of the EU
– Recent case law of the European Court of Human Rights
– The latest developments regarding the proposals to reform the existing legislation in the area of asylum law such as the Qualifications, Procedures and Reception Directives
– The impact of the CFR in asylum matters
– The justiciability of the CFR in EU Courts
– The role of agencies in the migration process: how does the work of EU agencies (FRONTEX, EUROPOL, EASO) impact on the rights of asylum-seekers?
Who should attend?
This conference is aimed principally at asylum lawyers and judges of national courts, staff of national asylum authorities and NGOs.
Organiser: Killian O’Brien, ERA
Event number: 412R30
Professional training: Participation in this seminar can contribute to your continuing professional education (10 hours).
Further information and online registration: [click here]
Sergio Carrera, Senior Research Fellow and Head of the Justice and Home Affairs Programme, Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), Brussels
Albin Dearing, Programme Manager Research – Criminal Law and Criminal Justice Freedoms and Justice Department European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights
Maria Hennessy, Senior Legal Officer, European Council of Refugees and Exiles (ECRE), Brussels
Nuala Mole, Director, Advice on Individual Rights in Europe (AIRE) Centre, London
Jonathan Tomkin, Barrister, Law Library, Dublin
Angela Ward, Legal Secretary, Court of Justice of the European Union, Luxembourg
Boštjan Zalar, Higher Court Judge, Administrative Court of the Republic of Slovenia